- Solid wood
Care instructions for this piece of furniture
Wood is a living material whose grain from the very beginning has a natural variation in pattern, color tone and luster. The wood is affected by, among other things, the season, heat and humidity. That wood is a living material means:
- Screws need to be re-tightened regularly, at least once a year.
- Solid table tops can naturally warp by up to 0.5%.
- Light from the sun and lighting can cause permanent color and light differences in the surface, so allow the entire wooden surface to be exposed to the same amount of light.
- Spills of coffee and other liquids need to be wiped up immediately.
- For cleaning, hand washing detergent or pH-neutral detergents and lukewarm water are recommended. Wipe off with clean water and wipe dry. Do not use cleaning agents that are alkaline, aggressive, contain abrasives or solvents.
- For disinfection, non-alcohol-based agents are recommended, e.g. Virkon or DAX Alco Free. Alcohol-based agents must not be used.
Laminates are very durable surfaces that fit well in public environments.
- Daily cleaning with a dry cloth.
- For more difficult stains, non-abrasive cleaners can be used.
- Hardly ingrained stains or discolorations can usually be removed by carefully using a cleaning agent with a mild abrasive action.
- Rings and streaks that form on the surface are most easily removed with window cleaner.
- Do not use scouring pads or steel wool as this will cause scratches.
- Marker and ink marks can be removed with e.g. acetone or alcohol on a clean cloth.
- Disinfection can be done with alcohol if the surface is dried afterwards.
Maja 300 is an oval coffee table in solid birch. It is available in pure birch, stained or with a practical and durable laminate board. The stain is black or white as standard. The table has a newspaper shelf that provides an extra storage surface, 30 cm from the floor.
The Maja coffee table series is labeled Möbelfakta and contains six different models, with round, oval and square shapes. The table height is 60 cm throughout.
The Maja series is designed by Ann Morsing and Beban Nord in collaboration.