- Available as a chair and armchair
- Nice and solid peg chair in ash
- The pegs in the back form a natural bag hook
- Can be stained in any color
- Available as a wooden seat or a fixed upholstered seat
- Leather wrapping on armrests
- Solid wood
Care instructions for this piece of furniture
Wood is a living material whose grain from the very beginning has a natural variation in pattern, color tone and luster. The wood is affected by, among other things, the season, heat and humidity. That wood is a living material means:
- Screws need to be re-tightened regularly, at least once a year.
- Solid table tops can naturally warp by up to 0.5%.
- Light from the sun and lighting can cause permanent color and light differences in the surface, so allow the entire wooden surface to be exposed to the same amount of light.
- Spills of coffee and other liquids need to be wiped up immediately.
- For cleaning, hand washing detergent or pH-neutral detergents and lukewarm water are recommended. Wipe off with clean water and wipe dry. Do not use cleaning agents that are alkaline, aggressive, contain abrasives or solvents.
- For disinfection, non-alcohol-based agents are recommended, e.g. Virkon or DAX Alco Free. Alcohol-based agents must not be used.
- Removable and washable fabrics are washed according to washing instructions. These are sewn with a shrink seam, wash before use for optimal fit.
- Vacuuming with a soft nozzle is often sufficient for cleaning.
- Stains should always be removed as quickly as possible. In most cases, wiping with a damp cloth is sufficient, for more difficult stains, a pH-neutral detergent or a foam detergent for professional use can be used.
- Always use white cloths and avoid wetting a woolen fabric to a greater extent, as this risks remaining stains.
- If necessary, a foam detergent can also be used for a more thorough cleaning if this is allowed in the fabric's specification.
- For regular cleaning, use a lightly moistened cloth with a mild detergent without solvents or abrasives.
- For heavily soiled surfaces, a cloth moistened with alcohol can be used.
- Disinfection can be done with alcohol if the surface is dried afterwards.
Armchair with upholstered seat
The armchair Alva 172 is a development of the Alva chair that was launched in 2017. The new Alva is also made of ash, but now with metal wire armrests. They are wrapped around the back pegs with attachment under the seat.
The chair was designed by Jonas Osslund, who aimed to design a classic stick chair with as few sticks as possible. The result was a chair with solid craftsmanship and good design. The slightly folded back sticks are shaped according to the user, for maximum comfort.
The chair is offered with a wooden seat or a fixed, upholstered seat. Alva is available in clear lacquered ash, or stained in white or black as standard. Fabric is freely chosen. Take a look at our fabric guide for tips.