Wood is a living material whose grain has a natural variation in pattern, hue and lustre from the start. The wood is affected for example by humidity, temperature and season. Due to the fact that wood is a living material it means:
- Screws need to be tightened regularly, at least once a year.
- Massive tabletops might need to settle with up to 0.5% depending on the surroundings.
- Light from lamps and sunshine have a certain effect on the colour and lightness of the wood surface, so please let the same amount of light expose the whole surface.
To take care of the environment we lacquer a big part of our products with water-based products. This means:
- Spill of coffee or other liquids must be wiped off immediately.
- Please clean the surface with washing-up liquid or mild pH neutral cleanser and lukewarm water, wipe with clean water and wipe dry. Do not use cleaning agents which are alkaline, aggressive, contains abrasives or solvents.
- For disinfection non-alcohol based agents are recommended, such as Virkon or DAX Alco Free. Alcohol based agents should not be used.
Laminates are very durable surfaces and work well in public spaces.
- Please wipe daily with a dry cloth.
- For more stubborn stains a non-abrasive cleaning solution can be used.
- Ingrained stains and any discolouration can usually be removed by using a mildly abrasive cleaning cream or paste.
- Rings or marks on the surface are easiest to remove with a window cleaning solution.
- Do not use scouring pads or steel wool, as these can scratch the surface.
- Marks from ink or felt pen can be removed by using an acetone or alcohol based cleaner on a clean cloth.
- Disinfection can be made with alcohol based agents if the surface is wiped dry with a cloth afterwards.
- Please wash removable and washable fabrics according to washing instructions. These have been sewn with allowance for shrinkage, so please wash before use for optimal fit.
- Vacuum cleaning with a soft nozzle is generally sufficient for cleaning fabrics.
- Spots should always be removed as quickly as possible. In most cases, it is sufficient to wipe with a cloth dampened with distilled water. For more difficult spots, use a pH-neutral washing-up liquid or a foaming detergent for professional use.
- Always use white cloths and avoid dampening woollen fabrics, as woollen fabrics risk leaving spots behind.
- A foaming detergent can also be used for more thorough cleaning, assuming this is permitted by the fabric’s specification.
If you look after your leather in the right way, it will age gracefully over the years.
- Leather is sensitive to heat, so please avoid placing leather furniture in sunshine or close to radiators or heaters.
- Please make sure to vacuum any dust, crumbs or other loose deposits from your furniture.
- Please wipe the leather with a damp cloth. You can also use a mild soapy solution to clean leather.
- Please use water-based leather care products to extend the life cycle of the product.
- For normal cleaning, please use a slightly damp cloth with a mild cleaning agent without solvents or abrasives.
- For badly soiled surfaces, please use an alcohol-based cleaner and a damp cloth.
- Alcohol based agents can be used to disinfect if it is wiped dry with a cloth afterwards.
Please wipe clean by using a cleaning solution that does not contain solvents or abrasives. Normal washing-up liquid works well.
Please clean with window cleaning solution or washing liquid diluted with water.